- Tuesday, August 26, 2014 Midland, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Helps Break Ground on Occidental Petroleum Complex in Midland
Gov. Rick Perry today helped break ground on Occidental Petroleum's Midland Office Complex. Once completed in late 2015, the complex will house up to 600 employees and will be the center of Occidental's oil and gas operations in the Permian Basin.
- Sunday, August 17, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseIn Case You Missed It: Gov. Rick Perry Interview on FOX News Sunday
Today, Gov. Rick Perry was a guest on FOX News Sunday, the interview can be viewed below. Politico Magazine also published and op-ed today by Gov. Perry, "America's New Mission in Iraq," which you can read here.
- Saturday, August 16, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Rick Perry
As governor, I took an oath to faithfully uphold the constitution of Texas, a pledge that I have kept every day as I've worked on behalf of Texans for the last 14 years. This same constitution clearly outlines the authority of any governor to veto items at his or her discretion. Just as I have following every legislative session during my service as governor, I exercised this authority to veto funding for an office whose leadership had lost the public's confidence by acting inappropriately and unethically.
- Friday, August 15, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Mary Anne Wiley, General Counsel for Gov. Rick Perry
The veto in question was made in accordance with the veto authority afforded to every governor under the Texas Constitution. We will continue to aggressively defend the governor's lawful and constitutional action, and believe we will ultimately prevail.
- Friday, August 15, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry on July 2014 Texas Jobs Numbers
"The only thing hotter than a Texas summer is Texas job growth, adding nearly 50,000 jobs in July. Every major industry in Texas added jobs meaning the diversity of our workforce is strong with opportunities for employers to hire good workers, and for workers to find jobs enabling them to meet the needs of their families."
- Wednesday, August 13, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Perry Visits Texas National Guard Soldiers and Airmen Training for Deployment in Support of Operation Strong Safety
Gov. Rick Perry today visited the Camp Swift Army National Guard Training facility for a status report on the Texas National Guard's (TXNG) training and deployment in support of Operation Strong Safety to combat crime and drug cartel activity in the border region. The governor, joined by Texas Adjutant General John Nichols and Texas Dept. of Public Safety (DPS) Director Steve McCraw, thanked the soldiers and airmen for their commitment and dedication to protecting our state and our nation.
- Monday, August 11, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry on UT Regent Wallace Hall
"Regent Hall has acted how I expect all appointees to act - in the best interest of Texas. He has rightly asked tough questions and held people accountable for their actions, even in the face of withering personal attacks. I hope today closes this ugly chapter and Regent Hall's critics can stop wasting time and start focusing on what's important, ensuring higher education is affordable, accessible and accountable to all Texans."
- Tuesday, August 05, 2014 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Perry on Record High Texas High School Graduation Rates
"We've set the bar high for Texas students to ensure every graduate is ready for college or career, and they have consistently demonstrated that they are up to the challenge. The class of 2013's historically-high graduation rate is a testament to the hard work being put in by teachers and administrators in schools across the state, and students who realize the importance of a strong education in pursuing and realizing their dreams."